Friday, October 14, 2011

Just Another Day

Did you ever have one of those days? One where you can't stop the negative jabber in your head? Yeah. Me, neither.


I am just in a complaining kinda mood, I guess. I try not to do so in front of the kids so guess where I'm gonna do it? Yep.

I hate living so far away from everything - Mr. MOTH's work, the boys' school, the mall, my preferred grocery store, even Baby Girl's school isn't exactly "close". I hate that right now we don't feel like we have much of a choice - finding a place that's similar to ours (meaning over an acre of property) closer to the city is near impossible or at least out of our price range. Gas prices are killing us. And it's not fair that the boys can't be part of a lot of school activities because of the distance. I wish public schools didn't suck so much. I wish people weren't so afraid of God being mentioned in school that it has gotten downright ridiculous (back when people feared God, Himself, things weren't near as bad).


I wish that I wasn't so tired (or maybe just lazy?) that I don't get up and get my run in before my day starts and instead take time away from my kids to do it. I'm glad I caught the running bug but now my clothes don't fit (in a good way). I wish I could figure out how to eat so that I maintain my weigh when I increase my miles (I will eventually have the time to research this, just not yet). I wish I had new running shoes.

I wish there weren't so many stupid, idiot, impolite drivers on the interstate.

I wish the boys' school offered a pre-K program because Baby Girl's school is a hot mess.



I wish this pain in my neck would go away.

I wish my husband knew how to fight fair.

I wish we would win the lottery.

But mostly, I just wish I could find the sunshine today. I need a rainbow.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh, yes! I have had those days. "Mama said there'd be days like this"! I love, love, love your tagline - so, so true. How is it some days draaaaag, and then the years just fly past? A mystery. Cute blog!

beanski said...

I wish I could stop over with cookies. I have a lot of days like this and totally understand.

We moved out of town for more yard and more house and I regret it every day. I'm downsizing and moving back to the city as soon as I can. I HATE living in the car. HATE IT.

Hang in there - it's bound to get better!

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

I wish I could win the lottery too, but that would be tricky since I don't play.

Driving so much would be hard. Hoping you find an affordable solution for you family.

Rocket Ma'am said...

I'm going through a month-long pity party, too. Some weeks you have to fight to get through tooth and nail. :op