Friday, May 20, 2011

Random Catch-Up Time!

I'm not sure what it is about this time of year, but we always - I mean EVERY YEAR - have a whole lot going on. Sure, there are 3 birthdays in our family of 6 in just over 3 weeks, but on top of that there's a lot of other things that seem to just have to be done. Just means our life is full, I guess. In an attempt to try to capture all of it on "paper", here we go.



Oldest Boy made his First Holy Communion on May 1st:



It was a beautiful ceremony and, aside from the crazy old lady behind us telling a mom of one of the communicants that she was going to hell, all went well. (Yes, that actually happened. We could not believe our ears. It was one of those surreal moments that, while it's actually happening you can't believe that it is actually happening. It wasn't pretty, but it ended well).We celebrated like we celebrate everything - with CAKE!


Then this little beauty turned 2 (T-W-O!!):
I still can't quite come to grips with that but she is just amazing. She loves shoes (As a matter of fact, yesterday I put her Princess sneakers on and ran upstairs to get the keys. When I came back, she had taken them off and put on her purple crocs. BY HERSELF. Point taken, baby!). She also takes the stool from the bathroom and walks around with it, just in case there's something she needs to reach. Apparently, that's just more portable than pushing a kitchen chair around, which is what she used to do. And it's also quieter.

Sleeping is still optional most of the time, but it seems to be getting better. It still takes a very, very long time to convince her to fall asleep and she still gets up before the sun most days but at least I rarely spend two hours in the middle of the night singing to her. (I'm almost afraid to type that, lest she get wind of it and decide tonight would be a fun night for a party in her crib).



Tomorrow is her "official" party, but I'm not one to pass up the opportunity for cake, so we had one on her actualy birthday, too:
In between all of the goodness, we also helped to get my mother-in-law admitted to a nursing home. Timing is everything and because of the logistics and red-tape it had to be done over Mother's Day weekend - the same weekend as my first 5K and Mr. MOTH's birthday. Let's just say it's a birthday he'll never forget. :( The whole situation sucks but I specifically asked my prayer warriors to pray for 1) Peace for the family 2) A safe and uneventful trip back to her home state and 3) A smooth admission. Again, I believe the more specific your prayers the more likely you'll be able to find the answer. They were all answered, but not exactly how I would have chosen, I suppose.


And, on a lighter note, does anyone else get as annoyed as I do when you open a bag of something - chips, pretzels, dry cereal - and the bag just seems to disintegrate down the side? Yoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Oldest Boy and to you as well! What a big step for him - and he is so handsome!

And don't get me started on the youngest turning 2! I just don't know where the time goes. And Miss B.riar does the EXACT same thing with the bathroom stool! It cracks me up when I find that thing in the kitchen pantry or by the front door because she was trying to get something BY HERSELF. (And I am sure the oldest two were like that as well, but I seriously don't remember them being quite so independent!)

marybob143@aol.com said...

Yay to your son!!!! I love First Communion ceremonies!!! So special. Happy birthday to your sweet girl! She's precious! Ummmm, wow...saying you have a lot going on is an UNDERSTATEMENT!!! I relate. Completely. I love blogging for that reason, among others...being able to grab a few key strokes here & there! I bet you are ready for summer! :)