When I was younger (MUCH younger), there was a TV show on called Dinosaur. It was one of those shows that literally made me laugh until I cried every week. I believe it was a Jim Henson production (and it might have gone off of the air the year he died...I'm not certain). One of the most hilarious parts was that the baby dinosaur never, ever called his father "Daddy". It was always "NOT THE MAMA!"..usually followed by a smack to the head with some foreign object.
This always made me laugh. Every time. Until now. Because my youngest daughter - sweet little Little One - calls me...Daddy. At first I thought it was a fluke when it would happen and then she saw a picture I took of myself on my new iPhone (by accident of course - because I suck at technology) and she said, "Daddy!". I tried to play that off, too (have you seen the quality of iPhone pictures? Not good.). But this morning, I went upstairs to get her out of her crib and as I reached the top she saw me and gleefully shouted, "Daddy! Daddy!" Oh, yes.she.did. {SIGH}
4 comments:
BWHAHAHAHA! I TOTALLY remember that show! And I would be equally unamused were the baby to start calling me 'Daddy'. As it is, she already thinks of me as nothing more than a giant boob.
Ah, yes... Daddy. The best word in the history of the world. :)
It took Alex until he was 17mo before he would refer to me as anything other than "uh!" He started saying da, or di-dah, or dad/daddy around 12mo.
I *loved* that show.
Post a Comment