And this is after:
And now for our next step...Since the basement is in the process of being uh, "finished", we had to move all of the junk upstairs to the first floor into what was formerly my MIL's bedroom. When we built the house, we had this particular room loaded with wiring equipment and the like because the intention was for it to be our study and/or computer room. When she moved in, that wiring was largely unnecessary because the idea of her using anything but a TV remote is just comical (a few years ago - before her memory started to really decline - my sister-in-law tried to teach her how to use a computer. She told her to "point and click" with the mouse. My MIL picked up the mouse, aimed it at the computer monitor like a remote, and proceeded to click away! LOL!). Eventually the room pictured below will be our lovely study. I am literally giddy with anticipation, for two reasons. 1) That will mean that the basement is, in fact, finished and 2) The baby will be here!!

Honestly, I couldn't even tell you what is in about half of those boxes. There's some baby stuff (which I will have to go through in the next couple of months) and our Christmas decorations. Beyond that, NO CLUE. Apparently, we need to keep it though. And, to put things in perspective, this isn't nearly as bad as our apartment's spare room before we moved. Mr. MOTH literally had to draw me a map of the boxes and what was in them so that I wouldn't have to drag every.single.one out every time I needed something! Sad, but true.
2 comments:
alright...they MUST be related. michael diagrammed the food in our freezer before cameron was born...and i'll NEVER EVER let him live it down :)
That is quite the toy collection. Nice job organizing!
www.oneshetwoshe.blogspot.com
Post a Comment