Saturday, February 15, 2014

Spit That Out!

Here's how bath night works in our house:

The boys are now old enough to shower by themselves - they supervise each other (I know! But it works for now) and I give the girls a bath together.  I run back and forth to the other bathroom a couple of times to make sure no fights have broken and out and no one is using my razor to shave their brother's head and the girls get to play a bit in between.

They have a little tea set designed for the tub that they LOVE to play with.  It has, however, been banned on more than one occasion because Little One can't seem to grasp the concept of "pretend" when it comes to drinking her beverage.  She chugs.  At one point she passed gas in the tub and then shortly after I caught her trying to drink out of one of the teacups.  I told her she was drinking "fart water" and that put a stop to that!  And now she no longer farts in the tub!  Double bonus!

A couple of nights ago, she asked to have the teapot.  I told her if she drank out it, I would take it away immediately.  As I'm washing her sister's hair I glance over and I could just...tell.

Me:  "Did you just put bath water in your mouth?"

Little One:  "No!  I was washing my tongue!"

Me:  "But your tongue is in your mouth!"

Little One:  "No!  I stuck it out!"

I figured with a creative defense like that I would let her play with it for a bit longer...

No comments: