I love running. (For those of you who knew me before I was a runner, you can feel free to pick your jaw up off of the floor now - no one's more surprised than I am that I can say that honestly). The trick, though, is that folks will say it's an inexpensive sport. All you need are shoes! HAHAHAHAHA! No. It sounds good and maybe some folks can get by without other gear but this mommy can't. Heck, some runners even go barefoot! So, in no particular order, here's my wishlist for running gear this holiday season:
10. Bondi bands. Dude. I love these things. I can make a statement about who I am but most importantly, these suckers stay put. And I have A LOT of hair. And it's pretty fine (Fine, meaning not thick and wavy; not fine, meaning dang, that's some fine hair). So it's really hard to find something that will keep it out of my ever loving face while I'm running and sweaty and gross. These do that. Wonderfully. I have several: "I thought they said 'RUM'"; "Just Don't Be Last"; "I LOVE RUNNING/I HATE RUNNING"; and "I run like a GIRL!"
9. Yurbuds. I have a set of these earbuds and lemme tell ya, they don't fall out. Ever. (OK. In all fairness, I will admit two things: I CAN yank them out accidentally while running when I catch them with my hand. And I had trouble with them falling out...when I was putting them in the wrong ear - so totally user-error-related). I would love this pair that has volume control and a mic on them. AND they come in pink!
8. Nike socks. I think that socks are NEARLY as important as shoes when it comes to running. I can't even tell you the difference it made when I started wearing wicking socks (and wicking everything else). I've never tried Nike, but in this instance I'm going with brand loyalty.
7. Sporty jewelry. I want something that makes a statement about my running when I'm in my non-workout gear. (And unlike a lot of runners, I'm usually only in my gear when I'm actually running). I like this ring. It's my favorite. I'm a size 6. ;)
6. Cold weather tights. I have heard really good things about these ones from Under Armour. Baby, it's cold outside...
5. Long-sleeve tech t-shirts. I like the kind with a thumb hole. Kinda like these ones, although I think you could probably find something much, much cheaper and it would be just as good. (I'm only brand loyal when it comes to my feet...)
4. And speaking of my feet...I just bought a new pair of kicks but I'd like to have a back-up. I am partial to Nike. As a matter of fact, at this stage of the game, that's the only brand I'm willing to even try. I shop the outlet and stalk the clearance rack every time I go, so I can usually find a deal there but this site has some nice options. I wear a size 9 (You know, in case Santa needs my measurements).
3. Let's talk GPS. I run with my iPhone strapped to my arm. I've tried the Road I.D. app which is supposed to send a link to Mr. MOTH with my coordinates and is also supposed to sound an alarm if I'm immobile for more than 5 minutes. It crashed. I like my Nike+ app but it has no safety feature. Sigh. Why can't a girl have the best of both worlds? Whatever. This Nike brand sports watch is nice. But what I really want is...
2. Garmin. Truly, any Garmin would do but, since it's a WISH list and all, this is the one I really want - the Garmin Forerunner 620. With the heart rate monitor. Sigh. A girl can dream...
1. A new treadmill. I'm really skating on thin ice with ours. The belt has been tightened so much lately to keep it from slipping that I'm kinda afraid it's going to snap and shoot me across the room. I'm not exactly picky, but it has to have ONE key feature: I want a decline option. Our current model won't let you go below a 1.5% incline so I'm ALWAYS running uphill. Not bad for training purposes in general, but when you have bursitis in your hips and then all of a sudden try to run DOWNHILL in real life, well, let's just say it's not pretty.
So, my running compadres, what do YOU want Santa to bring YOU this year?
1 comment:
I don't need Santa to bring anything, but if he would take a few pounds with him, that would be nice.
Post a Comment