**********
Last week, as the girls and I were sitting in the Space Shuttle hanging out and waiting for the boys to finish cross country practice (we usually play at the playground but it was pretty cold and Little One had just been diagnosed) we saw a black and white cat bolt across the asphalt. She ran up to a open-air Jeep (the front windows were up and the top of the front was covered) and put her paws on the back tire. As we're watching, I'm saying, "NO way. NO WAY!" Sure enough, the little thing jumps right into the back! This took no time at all - absolutely NO hesitation on her part, almost like she belonged there! We watched her walk around, put her paws up on the front dash, etc.
It was time to head up to the field to pick up the boys so as we walked up we peeked in to see her just kinda lounging around. Too funny! At the pavilion, I asked the other parents if the Jeep belonged to any of them and it didn't. There was a Little League game going on at the same time so I just assumed it must belong to one of them. I hurried everyone back to the parking lot because I did NOT want to miss seeing the owner of the vehicle come back to THAT surprise!
It took awhile, but eventually we realized that there was indeed a guy standing next to the Jeep. I drove around, noticed his totally bewildered expression, and burst out laughing. "Does that cat belong to you?"
"Uh, no." (at this point, the cat is sitting in the driver's seat)
I proceeded to tell him the whole scenario. Youngest Boy asked if he wanted it and he said, "No!"
"We'll take it! We'll take it!!" Um, NO WE WON'T!
I said, "Honey, I'm sorry, but that cat chose HIM, not us!"
Dude with the new kitty, "Lucky me..."
********
We also attended a wedding in Virginia last weekend. It was probably one of the most elegant and personal weddings I've ever attended. The setting was beautiful, the ceremony was sweet (the officiant was a little...odd, though), and the reception was fun. It wasn't exactly kid-friendly (picture hors d'oeuvres and cocktails next to a full-size swimming pool), but they did pretty good (minimal whining, fussing, and fighting and they made a couple of new friends - the only other kids there).
![]() |
| In front of the "Manor" |
![]() |
| The groom and his brothers |
![]() |
| Baby Girl dancing to the harp |
| The harpist - you can get an idea of the setting |
![]() |
| Baby Girl is the only one who knew I was taking this photo |
![]() |
| More family - it was nice spending at least a little time with them |
![]() |
| Mr. MOTH and his 4 sisters (Yes, they're all that pretty) (Yes, it took me YEARS to not feel insecure) |
![]() |
| Youngest Boy making friends - He takes after me... |
![]() |
| Dancing with the aunts |
![]() |
| Oldest Boy didn't want to dance. He said, "I'll be hanging out by the food..." He takes after his daddy. |










No comments:
Post a Comment